Wallarah Bay Medical Centre will be transition to a Private Billing practice as at 4th July 2022.
As a practice we believe that everyone deserves to have access to high quality healthcare and Unfortunately, the rebate we receive from Medicare does not cover the operational costs of the practice. Medicare Rebates were frozen from 2012-2017and have not kept up with inflation rate.
Therefore, after careful thought, we have made a decision to stop Universal Bulk Billing and now Privately Bill our patients. We hope you understand this difficult decision the practice has made and you will continue to appreciate services we offer.
Therefore we will continue to bulk bill:
- Children under 16
- Recall appointment to discuss results only as arranged by their Doctor.
- Nurse Appointments: IE Chronic Disease Management Care Plans, Health Assessments.
- INR checks, Injections appointments, Medicare eligible Immunisations
- DVA Card holder.
- Workers Compensation Claims once approved.
For those not in these groups above, the fee list is as follows and will apply to face to face and telephone consultations. Please Note all services are to be paid in full on the day of your consultation.
Level A Consultation $40
(short < 6 minute consultations) with rebate of $18.20 out of pocket $21.80
Level B Consultation $65
(Pension & Health Care Card Holders) with rebate of $39.75 out of pocket $25.25
Level B Consultation $70
with rebate of $39.75 out of pocket $30.25
Level C Consultation $110.00
with rebate of $76.85 out of pocket $33.15
Level D Consultation $ 150.00
with rebate of $113.30out of pocket $36.70
- $10.00 for lost referrals or prescriptions
- Medical Certificates Privately billed cost $25.00
- All procedures and excisions now incur an out of pocket cost depending on the complexity of the procedure.
- A non attendance fee of $25.00 is payable to the practice if two appointments are made and failed to be attended.
If you are unsure what this means for you, please ask reception who will be happy to assist on 4394 0866.